查看: 535|回復: 6

Korean Movie Night, free screenings sponsored by KCSNY

[複製鏈接]

參加活動: 1

組織活動: 0

發表於 2014-5-23 03:34:46 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
網站小提醒:2GIRL的網址統一變更為 https://www.2girl.net,請記得更改你的「我的最愛/我的書籤」喔
本帖最後由 swib 於 2014-5-22 14:42 編輯

The Korean Cultural Service New York (KCSNY) holds free Korean Movies every other Tuesday at 7:00PM at Tribeca Cinemas. It looks there are still two screenings to go. I am including the information here in case anyone's interested. Information is also avaiilable on KCSNY's website and facebook page.

My No-Mercy Home (North American Premiere)                                   

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7PM
Tribeca Cinemas (54 Varick Street, NYC)
2013, 77 min.     

In this dark, critically acclaimed documentary, director CHOI Mikyung (aka Aori) chronicles the tragic tale of Dolphin, a young woman who had been abused and ignored throughout her life, and is now willing to use film as a positive outlet to share her troubling tale. Sexually harassed by her father and rebuked by her family, Dolphin was forced to escape from her home in order to expose the awful truth of her past. Told through dramatic footage, reenactments, and eye-opening interviews, My No-Mercy Home is the upsetting but ultimately redemptive story of a woman whose family wasn’t there for her, and her journey to create a new, supportive family on her own.

Approved for Adoption                                   

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 7PM
Tribeca Cinemas (54 Varick Street, NYC)

In one of the most impressive documentaries ever made, filmmaker Jung Henin tells his own memoir through stunning hand-drawn animations. As one of thousands of Korean children adopted by Western families after the end of the Korean War, Approved for Adoption is the poetic and oftentimes humorous story of a boy stranded between cultures, trying to find his place in the world as he grows into a man. Told using Henin’s own animations intercut with snippets of super-8 family footage and archival film, the resulting movie is like no other: an intimate, moving look inside life, love, and family never before captured on-screen.

Tribeca Cinemas @ 7pm
(54 Varick Street, on the corner of Canal Street)

FREE ADMISSION
All seating is first come, first served.
Doors open at 6:30pm.

點評

I just saw your reply! =_= Too late!  發表於 2014-6-21 03:24
I will go to see the June 17th one. You can come if you have time.  發表於 2014-6-12 12:17
Too bad! I just saw your post.  發表於 2014-6-1 11:03

參加活動: 0

發表於 2014-6-21 02:51:42 | 顯示全部樓層
回復

使用道具 舉報

參加活動: 1

樓主| 發表於 2014-6-21 07:41:25 | 顯示全部樓層
網站小提醒:2GIRL的網址統一變更為 https://www.2girl.net,請記得更改你的「我的最愛/我的書籤」喔
avy 發表於 2014-6-20 13:51
Perfect choice for Thursday night!

The Korean Cultural Service New York (KCSNY) has a very nice program. They have more series to come. You can check their website if interested.
回復

使用道具 舉報

參加活動: 0

發表於 2014-6-21 12:55:54 | 顯示全部樓層
swib 發表於 2014-6-21 07:41
The Korean Cultural Service New York (KCSNY) has a very nice program. They have more series to com ...

Thank you for sharing the informaion.
回復

使用道具 舉報

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|信箱|愛女生BBS|隱私權條款|2GIRL女子拉拉學園

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 20:48 , Processed in 0.143305 second(s), 27 queries .