|
看到基督教大使命教會一篇文章
覺得內容饒富深意
轉PO在我的第一篇日誌中
The paradox of our time in history is that:
從歷史看,現今世代的吊詭(註),就是﹕
We have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
我們有更高聳的大廈,但更短的量度;擁有更寬闊的公路,但更狹窄的心胸。
We spend more, but have less. We buy more, but enjoy less.
我們花費越多,卻享有越少;購物越多,卻享受越少。
We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.
我們擁有更大的房屋,和更小的家庭;越多方便,卻越少時間。
We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
我們擁有更多學位,但更少常識;更多知識,但更少判斷;更多專家,卻更多問題;更多藥物,卻更少健康。
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
我們煙酒太多,揮霍無度,笑得太少;開車太快,太多憤怒;上床太晚,下床太累;閱讀太少,電視太多,祈禱甚少。
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
我們為自己增加財富,但使自己低貶價值。
We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
我們說得太多,愛得太少,恨得太頻密。
We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years!
我們學習賺取生活,卻不學如何生活。我們把年日加進生命,但不是在已有的年日豐富生命。
We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.
我們已可成功穿梭月球,但走過街道與鄰居相見,反感困難。
We’ve done larger things, but not better things.
我們做了些更大的事,但不是更好的事。
We’ve cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
我們清潔了空氣,但污染了心靈。
We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
我們已征服了的是原子,卻不是我們的偏見。
We write more, but learn less.
我們寫了很多,但學了很少。
We plan more, but accomplish less.
我們計劃的很多,但完成的很少。
We’ve learned to rush, but not to wait.
我們學曉前衝,但不是等候。
We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
我們建立電腦儲存更多資料,比以前有更多印製品,但我們越來越少溝通。
Author Unknown 何謝嬋(中文翻譯)
小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|信箱|愛女生BBS|隱私權條款|2GIRL女子拉拉學園
GMT+8, 2024-5-3 14:43 , Processed in 0.074204 second(s), 17 queries .
Powered by Discuz! X3.4
© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.